Friday, June 16, 2006

Eat, Drink, and Be Sweaty

My latest venture is in the area of exercise. Amy, my sister, and I have been trying to get some regular exercise incorporated into our daily routine. After seeing my brothers results with their program, (pictures to follow) I was sold on the one they use and thanks to Grandmama, we got it right away. We're using Power90, a program put out by Beachbody.com . It's a great workout that mixes cardio, weight training, and ab workout without the confussion of dance steps. The exercises are more military in style rather than incorporated into a routine. We do push ups, curls, crunches, presses, squats, ect. So far we've done 5 out of the 6 days we were suppose to do. The one morning I missed I slept in to catch up on lost sleep in the middle of the night due to a sick husband. Anyway, there are two videos that we alternate between and the first two days I was just standing there most of the time with my jaw on the floor desperately hoping that I wouldn't really have to do what they just told me to do, but once I got into it, I found that I could get through more of the exercises that I had thought. I can't do all the repititions they do, but I could do some of them. Anyway, I'm on my way to being in great shape and if I don't die in the process I think it will be great. I certainly need some extra energy to keep up with the kids! So, one week down... Oh, and we were supposed to take pictures of how we looked to begin with and measurements and weight and all, but I didn't do that, so below was my efforts to let you know my general starting point. (Haha)

No comments: