Monday, January 01, 2007

Family Update

Here's the lastest report on our activities and status:

Brandon is currently en route to NH and should arrive sometime Tuesday morning. Perhaps he will be all perky and ready to take over the sick ward....maybe??? ok....maybe not.

I came home with the kids from Maine on Sunday morning- a day early, when Rachel threw up and J1 and J3 were sounding VERY congested. We have managed to survive, thanks to some planning, coming home to a clean house, and some reinforcements today for dinner prep.

Rachel seems to be feeling better today. She only spewed twice yesterday and has been scarfing down the food ever since. Jeff was sick this evening with a grand total of 5 rounds. Unfortunately, he hit the bed- everything on it, so that had to be washed, and he also disliked the activity so much that he would hide from me when he was about to vomit. So, I had to fight with him to get him to hit the bucket. We succeeded mostly and thus minimized the mess. Jonathon's stomach was feeling icky tonight, so he did not have dinner. He said he wanted it, but then just pushed it around on his plate for 20 minutes, so I took it away and said that perhaps the good soldiers in his body needed to concentrate on fighting off the bad guys and if he put food in there, the soldiers wouldn't be able to do their job as well. (Did anyone else think they had little men in their bodies when they were little besides me?) Anyway, all three of the boys went to bed with buckets by their sides, but so far, no one has had to use them. I'm glad. I hope it stays that way all night. The only reason James went with a bucket was because I just thought that anyone who ate about three hotdogs for dinner was bound to loose it if their stomach got the least bit queasy.

SO, I'm thankful that the house is pretty clean, I"m not sick, and Brandon is on his way home. The house is pretty peaceful and as I recal, we were sick when ringing in the New Year last year as well, so maybe it's just tradition...but I don't think we need to keep up with this one.

Tata.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Are you saying we don't have little men inside our bodies?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

TripleNine said...

Wow! You just made me really glad that I'm single :)

Blue Knight said...

Wow, either you're supper mom or your about to d.. :o)

bless you