Sunday, June 26, 2005

Today's Happenings

Today has been quite a busy day. It began this morning with showers for all. For some reason we decided to avoid this routine last night and waited until this morning to tackle it. When Sunday morning rolls around, I’m never quite sure WHY we didn’t clean the children the night before because it always makes getting ready for church a little more crazy. But that’s what we did- and they came out sparkling clean and stayed that way for about 30 seconds when noses started running again and the snot began to find itself smeared onto various body parts for relief because Mama just isn’t fast enough with the tissue. Someone should make this a course for college or something- physical education elective: Speed Swiping! Ok, so the kids went off to church and weren’t that dirty really. Then at lunch they added soup to the bibs- I’m so glad they had on bibs! Down for their naps they went and I spent the afternoon doing laundry, preparing the house, and making dinner since my Dad and Ruth- my little sister were coming.

After naps, the boys got up and played. James spent a good while declaring that he was Mrs. Nesbit and then changed to wanting to be called “Princess Drool”. For those of you who think these names are insignificant, you have obviously not watched Toy Story enough times. Anyway, he was having a lot of fun. Jonathon didn’t wake up until it was dinnertime. I think he was recovering from his mountain climb yesterday. Jeff just walked around and lusted after dinner as it was being prepared.

Well, the family arrived and I’m so glad to have more people up here to use my Southern hospitality with. Truly, I enjoy having company and even though it’s work, I would rather have people than silence on most days- ok, let’s clarify that…little people can get tiring after a while without some adult interaction- it’s the adult stuff that I find so appealing.

The last thing I’ll mention about the day is that this is the week I begin acting like a mother again. I must now awake from dream world and let reality settle back in. I am trusting that God will help me effectively care for all the wonderful blessings I’ve been given, and do it with a good attitude! So, hi-ho, hi-ho, it’s off to work I go.

2 comments:

Booker said...

I was in the middle of eating a bowl of pudding when I read about "speed wiping". I didn't finish it...

maldrich said...

Sorry about that ryusoma.